Rank 1 is granted for free, and features:
- Slightly below-average damage (26/shot)
- Low rate-of-fire
- Perfect accuracy
- Average projectile speed
- Very fast reload
Rank 2 (4)
Adds a charge-shot secondary fire. The charge starts at 26 damage and builds to 48 damage over 5 seconds, automatically firing at full charge.
Rank 3 (15)
Only available to Hero and Bounty Hunter. Overloads the pistol, resulting in...
- Much higher damage (40)
- Much higher ammo consumed (4/shot)
- Larger projectile size
Additionally, charge shot...
- Caps at 60 instead of 48
- Reaches full charge in 2.5 seconds instead of 5 seconds
- Can be held at full charge for 2.5 seconds.
Additionally, an alternate weapon mode is added. The primary fire in this mode is the same as Rank 1 and Rank 2, while the secondary fire fires a triple-shot burst-fire of 26 damage shots, draining 4 ammo.
- The Pistol 1 and Pistol 2 are generally not considered viable primary weapons, due to their low damage output.
- However, if you can land headshots consistently, the Pistol allows you to maintain potentially higher damage output while running, compared to heavier weapons whose accuracy degrades while running.
- With the P3 as well, you should always go for headshots.